Sunday, June 3, 2012


It’s less than a week until my flight departs for China and I couldn’t be more excited.  The last few weeks have been fairly hectic with the semester ending and it still hasn’t completely sunk in that I’ll be in Beijing for the next 2 months.  I have never left the U.S. and I don’t speak Chinese so it will be a very interesting summer.  Luckily speaking Chinese is not a requirement for my internship since I will have an English speaking manager.  The company I will be working with is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (also known as ACCA).  They are one of the world’s largest and fastest growing accountancy bodies.  Specifically, I will be working with the Business Development team to help the company expand its presence in China.  I am almost completely ready for my departure.  One of the biggest loose ends was taken care of a few days ago when my passport arrived. I had received it some time back, but had to ship it off again to get my visa.  It was quite a relief to have it back with my visa in place.  I was also excited to see that it is a multiple entry visa which means that I am free to leave and return to China during my trip.  This is great because I have been considering making a side trip to Taiwan or Hong Kong to see some friends if I have the time one weekend.  All that’s left before I leave is to pack and keep working on some basic Chinese phrases to help me get around.